The proud owners of a domesticated pet raccoon quickly realized that once a little trash-digging, old-timey burglar, always a trash-digging, old-timey burglar when it got into someone's weed!
Thinking the raccoon overdosed, the owners took it to a nearby fire station but the officers there were ultimately just baffled...as anyone probably would be.
Radio recordings show at first, the officers thought the pet raccoon had gotten into the owners' meth. Then, they thought the raccoon had overdosed on someone's heroin.
Eventually another officer puts an end to the confusion and says "I’m sitting at one of the firehouses. No pet raccoons are overdosing here.”
Another officer responds, still confused, “Well if they show up, you Narcan him.”
Finally, the first officer ends it by saying, “Way too weird. I’m leaving."
Seriously, what the hell is going on here? We don't know, but if you don't want to have this problem we'd suggest maybe not having a raccoon as a pet? Just a suggestion, we're no experts.
Source: The Indy Channel